« Have a break in the Villa Glen-Tara and enjoy your stay as a star, like others have been before »
is located in Taussat-les-Bains, a calm and preserved village in the heart of the” Bassin d’Arcachon”.
At 200 meters from the beach, right in the centre of a lovely village which remains preserved, authentic and undeniably privileged.
The house built in 1865 is one of the first houses built in the area. In fact, it was built at the same time as the little chapel and used to provide bedding and hospitality for the nuns and the priests.
Then came around a famous the painter Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec who enjoyed spending his holidays in Taussat and who was particularly used to bringing his girl- friends to the house for a few hours of “good time”. At that time the house was called the “Closerie”
In 2017 the house was totally renovated, brought up to standard and refurbished in order to allow its new vocation as Bed & Breakfast.
The house is now entirely dedicated to receiving guests in a peaceful and relaxing environment. The 5 bedrooms are displayed as follow:
- 3 bedrooms on the ground floor (one room specially adapted for disabled people) and 2 family suits on the first floor with a double sofa-bed.
- Each bedrooms is equipped with private toilets and bathrooms
- Breakfast will be taken in the lovely Bow window room whereas winter days will be warmed up by a majestic chimney fire
- Particular attention has been given to the house decoration and comfort and most of all, you will enjoy a lovely sleep in the high quality bedding (Made in France and distributed in 4* and 5* hotels)
Privatisation of the guest house La Villa Glen-Tara
Possibility of privatizing the guest house from 2 days:
Please contact us.
- Arrivals will be appreciated between 5 pm and 7 pm
- Rooms should be cleared at 11am
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30 am and 10 am
- Those requiring breakfast before these times may order a refrigerated buffet breakfast and help themselves as early as they wish
- Please make us aware before arrival of any other dietary requirements
- Unlimited free high speed WIFI
- Non-smoking house
- No meals or snacks and no alcohol allowed in the rooms
- Payment by : Credit cards / Cash (euros) / Bank transfer